ARE MY DRIVERS AFFECTED BY DRIVER CPC?
Driver CPC applies to all new and existing drivers who wish to drive professionally and who require an LGV or PCV licence in order to do their job, except those covered by an exemption detailed below.
Our current understanding is that the Driver CPC directive does not apply
to drivers of:
- Vehicles with a maximum authorised speed not exceeding 45 km/h
- Vehicles used by or under the control of the armed forces, civil defence, the fire service and forces responsible for maintaining public order
- Vehicles undergoing road tests for technical development, repair or maintenance purposes, or of new or rebuilt vehicles which have not yet been put into service
- Vehicles used in states of emergency or assigned to rescue missions
- Vehicles used in the course of driving lessons for any person wishing to obtain a driving licence or Driver CPC
- Vehicles used for non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods for personal use
- Vehicles carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle is not the driver’s principal activity.
This list is not necessarily exhaustive and is intended only as a guide. It is
recommended that in all cases where it is felt an exemption applies, drivers
and operators seek specialist independent legal advice.
Driver CPC Training Courses
- 5 day Complete Driver CPC Course
- 5 day Complete Driver CPC Course Saturdays Only
- Fire Safety Awareness and Vehicle Safety Checks/Hazard Awareness
- Reversing Vehicles and Working Time/Drivers Hours
- Customer Care and Coping at the Sharp End
- Emergency Treatment and Manual Handling
- Passenger Safety for Passenger Transport
- Saving Fuel and Driving Safely
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Winter Service - Unit 080 : Health and Safety
- Greener City Driving
- Congestion Busting
- Reversing Vehicles and Manual Handling
- TFL Safer City Driving
- TFL Safe Urban Driving
- TFL Safe London Driving
- TFL Greener City Driving
- TFL Congestion Busting
Check your periodic training has been recorded at direct.gov.uk/checkdrivercpc.